[Mailman-Developers] bug at mailman-21 playground

Jonas Meurer jmeurer@gmx.de
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 13:02:58 +0100

Hello,

I found a bug at the playground on
mail.python.org/mailman-21/listinfo/playground.
I tested the languages and when I changed from traditional Chinese to
German the bugreport came. This problem comes allways you change from
Chinese to German. Here's a copy of the bugreport I got:

---
Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/scripts/driver", line 82, in run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 70, in
main
    i18n.set_language(language)
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1/Mailman/i18n.py", line 33, in
set_language
    language)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/gettext.py", line 236, in translation
    mofile = find(domain, localedir, languages)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/gettext.py", line 216, in find
    for nelang in _expand_lang(lang):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/gettext.py", line 60, in _expand_lang
    locale = normalize(locale)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/locale.py", line 216, in normalize
    fullname = localename.lower()
AttributeError: lower
---

I tested changing the languages in many other directions and ways, and
these changes produce the same error:
Traditional Chinese -> every language, also traditional Chinese itself.
Simplified Chinese  -> every language, also simplified Chinese itself.

Another problem:
If I change from any language to Simplified Chinese the Layout changes a bit.
Also from any language to Traditional Chinese.

Bye
 Jonas

--
Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing. -- Dick Brandon