[Mailman-Developers] a bug? the latest CVS (2.1b1)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:50:40 -0500

    MC> The "Emergency moderation of all list traffic" check-box does
    MC> not stay checked beyond the current session. If you "Logout"
    MC> and login back that the check-box is uncheck and the red-color
    MC> disappears.

Fixed in CVS.

    RJ> In admin.py I note that it's built as a CheckBox('emergency',
    RJ> 1, mlist.emergency)..  is using a "1" there functionally
    RJ> equivalent to saying "on" or "off" like it's used every where
    RJ> else?

Yes, but the problem here is that I thought we'd get a tri-state value
when looking at the (Python interface to the) form data.  I.e. None ==
not present, 0 == not set, 1 == set.  That's not the case, so I
special cased this to avoid setting mlist.emergency when logging in.

    RJ> (As an aside... Is there any reason to keep the .db files?
    RJ> They're version 36 and we're at version 68...  I certainly
    RJ> hope nothing is using them..)

No you don't need to keep them.  Once they're converted to .pck files,
they can be deleted.  I just don't feel confident having Mailman do
that automatically.

-Barry