[Mailman-Developers] install trouble

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:34:03 -0500

At 06:22 PM 3/26/02 -0500, Ron Jarrell wrote:

>Interesting... Didn't have this trouble on my test solaris box, but
>on my prod solaris box, with a neigh unto identical config (other
>than sol 8 vs 7) I'm having the "wanted gid 30, got gid 1"
>
>Mailman appears to have properly sussed out that my mailman
>group is 30, and, in fact, installed mailman setgid to mailman, but
>suddenly it's not actually taking that gid.

Ah, I see what's going on.. configure changed between 2.0.5 and 2.1;
in 2.0.5 it just checks "other mail demon" for possible groups - and at the
time I reviewed that, and realized it'd make the right choice.  in 2.1
it now checks "mailman other mail demon", which causes it to guess
wrong, because while mailman is the group I want all mailman procs
running under, sendmail runs in a different group...

Of course, now I have to go back to my test machine and see why it
didn't break *there* too.  Feh.