[Mailman-Developers] "search for member with RE" box at top instead of bottom

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM>
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:30:38 -0800 (PST)

> I think the help and big button are important.  *We* don't need it,
> but one thing mailman has so far been excellant for is handing
> to only vaugely computer competant people to handle their own lists.
> I have several lists run by folks for whom the height of technology is
> using a web browser.  They cope quite nicely.  But I think we're getting
> away from that, and they're coping less nicely.  I've already gotten a
> plaintive cry of "where did all my users go?" to the new membership
> page, followed, after a short explanation of "Ok, explain again everything
> after "regular expression"?  Why do a put an asterisk after the period?"

Novices have *no business* using anything but substring searches...
so they don't have to know about . or *.

But yes, a "search" button and a help link are good to have
regardless.