[Mailman-Developers] suggestion for configure

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:36:56 -0500

Add a --with-fqdn and --with-url or equivalent.  The current cvs snapshot
can't guess my fqdn on my production box, and it's used now to build a web of
interconnected addresses, as well as populate the VIRTUAL_HOSTS table,
so I had to do a bunch of deleting and repairing in mm_cfg.  I can, if I *remember*,
which I've already forgotten once, fix it when I build by setting FQDN and URL
environment variables, so that configure picks those up by default, but I have a habit
of just looking at config.status to see how I ran configure the last time.  Having an
explicit configure switch would be nice.