[Mailman-Developers] bin/qrunner picking up changes

Mentor Cana mentor@alb-net.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:08:03 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, at 09:52 -0800, John W Baxter wrote:
 > >This could confuse lists owners who expect (rightfully so) to see the
 > >changed footers or headers on their lists as soon as they save the
 > >configuration. Should the "Submit Your Changes" button do a "bin/mailmanctl
 > >restart" after successfully saving list's changes?
 > >
 > >(I'm not sure of this behavior is limited to headers and footers only)
 > >
 > The issue is bigger than presented above (I don't have a 2.1.anything
 > installation to play with).
 >
 > But simply telling a list owner to run
 >    bin/mailmanctl restart
 > won't do the trick:  most list owners don't have the power to run that
 > command (or any shell access at all).
 >
 > Therefore, I'm pretty sure a solution is in the works.

My suggestions was that the "Submit Your Changes" button perform
(transparently from the list owner) the "bin/mailmanctl restart" after
saving the list configuration (if there was a change).

--
Mentor