[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-i18n] korean translation

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:48:57 -0500

    MvL> Then please take my apologies: from your response, I assumed
    MvL> that you would indeed co-maintain mailman. My original
    MvL> question remains, though:

    MvL> Is anybody considering these patches (not just my own; I
    MvL> notice that the oldest patch which had no review is dated
    MvL> 2000-09-21)?

At present, I'm really the only one actually committing changes to
cvs, although several people (Ben, Dan and Daniel, Ron, etc.) do
provide very excellent patches.  You too Martin.

But this means I'm the bottleneck for getting fixes in, and that's
subject to the vagaries of my "real" job. ;)

One way to help out right now: I can add you as a tracker admin and
you can help do triage on the bugs and patches.  This actually would
be an enormous help, because there's a lot of things to go through.
Even weeding out those issues that are no longer relevant for MM2.1,
and assigning everything that's left to me would help a lot.

I'd also love it if someone would take responsibility for Pipermail.
As crufty as it is, it's all we have, and it's good enough for many
people.  But it's a complicated system that needs its own steward.
Anybody willing to put the time and effort into it, I'd be happy to
add as a cvs committer (although we have to watch out about GNU issues
-- but several people have already assigned their future changes to
the FSF).

As for the core system, I admit to being protective of it.  I'm
willing to loosen my grip if it helps Mailman development move along
faster.  There are folks in the community who know enough about the
system, and whom I trust to make changes to the code.

-Barry