[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-517192 ] 2.0.8 borks on dot in local part of addr

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Thu, 02 May 2002 21:08:44 -0700

Bugs item #517192, was opened at 2002-02-13 16:20
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=517192&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
In a mail address's local part (the part to the left of
the at sign), it is perfectly valid to have periods.
However, mailman stops reading the address right at the
@, so that "mr.bad@pigdog.org" is shown as "mr.bad".
this is disastrous for lists where only subscribers are
allowed to post, since the system doesn't allow for
exceptions that lack an @ and a FQDN.

Either allowing exceptions to be of a more forgiving
format, or fixing the broken regex that truncates the
mail addresses would solve my problem.  I'm getting
tired of moderating a legitimate user's posts,
especially since the system won't even send the
warnings to the correct address.