[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Feature Requests-228008 ] Need full name & phone in list user database

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Thu, 02 May 2002 22:50:45 -0700

Feature Requests item #228008, was opened at 2001-01-08 01:36
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=228008&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I need a better authentication method for people who want to subscribe to a list, and right now the only info that a user type in is an e-mail address -- there's no easy way for him to type in his full name and phone number.

I can change the text of the e-mail that the user gets ("confirm" is checked in the admin/privacy page of the list) to request that the user send in this info, but the list-admin@hostserver never gets the user's reply to the confirm e-mail.

Regardless, I need to track full names and phone numbers associated with each subscriber's e-mail.  This should be a fairly simple change to user databases, but a little beyond my capabilities.

I hope "bugs" is the right place to request this, I didn't see a better place.

webbi@caa-austin.org