[Mailman-Developers] Upgrading from 2.0.10 to 2.1.b2

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 20:09:46 -0700

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 09:40:42PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> One thing I"ve had to do when moving lists between machines (both running
> 2.0.9/10), is "newlist" the lists on the destination machine, then overwrite
> the $prefix/lists/$listname directories/files and $prefix/archives/private/
> $listname files with the tarballs I made from the machine currently hosting
> the list.

You don't  need to  do that. I've moved  lists before and  that step  is not
necessary if you move everything you need (list, archives, and alias entries
if you're not running exim)

> If I *dont* do this (newlist, then overwrite the "empty" list info files
> with the "real" stuff), I get errors about the lists not existing.

You probably aren't running exim and forgot to move the alias entries.

Marc