[Mailman-Developers] I found it why list-admins can not do things

Danny Terweij danny@terweij.nl
Mon, 13 May 2002 18:09:44 +0200

Hi,

My situation:
Main site : poema.yi.org
Mailman site: lnx.poema.yi.org

lnx.poema.yi.org can not be connected directly, so i did a redirect on the poema.yi.org apache (Virtual Host) site to poema.yi.org:81. Port 81 is defined on the main internet/router as a port forwarding.

So lnx.poema.yi.org is redirected to poema.yi.org:81 wich is defined as port forwarding to internal-ip-lnx-machine:80..

Got it?

If i use the browser and go to lnx.poema.yi.org/mailman/... it is not converted to poema.yi.org:81 because i am on the internal network. All stuff is working.
But when a web visitor uses lnx.poema.yi.org (poema.yi.org:81), it is not working.

Whats is not working? Approvals and Membership options.

So, what can i do to accept it?

I played with :

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lnx.poema.yi.org'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lnx.poema.yi.org'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
# For backwards compatibility.  Note: DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN must end in a slash!
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
DEFAULT_URL       = DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN % DEFAULT_URL_HOST

So what is the best setting here for me?
I tried some things but wont work.
btw, i have VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = 0 , because i have no virtial hosts on this machine (lnx).

Danny Terweij
Mailman 2.1B2