[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Feature Requests-560344 ] List "styles" should be supported.

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Sat, 25 May 2002 00:11:20 -0700

Feature Requests item #560344, was opened at 2002-05-24 18:26
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=560344&group_id=103

>Category: None
>Group: None

Initial Comment:
Some feedback on mailman, which I have now been
using for about 5 months:

-- The list type information is really misplaced in the
  mailman interface.  If I want to decide if a list should
be announcement-only, moderated, or unmoderated, this
info should not be under a "privacy" section; it should
be part of the fundamental general settings.

--The bug tracker should really have a category for
  "list setup/administration".  This is very distinct
  from configuring the software on the server.

--So I'm requesting that this bug be moved to a new
bug category, in fact.  And that the "must posts be preapproved
by an administrator" question be renamed to "what is the type of
this list"?  and that there be 3 choices rather than two:
* all posts must be approved by an administrator
* all posts must be from the administrator
* posts do not need to be approved

-rich

some definitions