[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Mailman does everything except send mail

Norbert Bollow nb@thinkcoach.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 23:47:48 +0200

> [qrunners]
> >You can start lots of them, even multiple ones to service the same
> >queue.  They won't collide and don't need to lock any resource.
>
> So on a busy server, starting multiple qrunners from cron would help
> with the stale lockfile and associated issues?

Barry was speaking about Mailman 2.1 there, you don't start the
qrunners from cron in Mailman 2.1

In Mailman 2.0.x when you start a second qrunner for the same
Mailman installation, the new qrunner will just exit.  This
doesn't help you.

(In the possibly-pretty-unique situation that I have, with
_many_ Mailman 2.0.x installs per server, it's a bad idea to
start those multiple qrunners directly from cron.)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A founder of the http://DotGNU.org project and Steering Committee member
Tel +41 1 972 20 59         Fax +41 1 972 20 69        http://norbert.ch