[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-558988 ] bad performance for big queue dirs

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 27 May 2002 22:00:19 -0700

Bugs item #558988, was opened at 2002-05-21 23:15
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=558988&group_id=103

>Category: mail delivery
>Group: 2.1 beta

Initial Comment:
Many filesystems (e.g. the popular ext2) have horrible
performance when there are many files in the same
directory.  The queue system should be modified to
avoid this situation.  As a test case, try adding
20,000 test address in such a way that Mailman will try
to send a welcome message to each of them.