[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-556260 ] err in INSTALL for qrunner autostarting

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 27 May 2002 22:05:52 -0700

Bugs item #556260, was opened at 2002-05-15 05:07
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=556260&group_id=103

Category: documentation
Group: 2.1 beta

Initial Comment:
There is what seems to be an error in the INSTALL
document, the section that starts on line 327, about
starting mailman automatically on reboot:

around line 348, the document states:

"For Unixes that don't support chkconfig, simply copy
misc/mailman as above, then set up the following
symbolic links, again as root:

    % cp misc/mailman /etc/init.d
    % cd /etc/rc.d/rc0.d
"

The following is in error:

- there is no misc/ directory in the installa location
- if there where, following the instructions would
undo the copying of scripts/mailman to /etc/init.d
- the wording is somewhat ambiguous and may lead to
misunderstanding.

I propose the following change to the documentation:

"For Unixes that don't support chkconfig, simply copy
scripts/mailman as above:

    % cp scripts/mailman /etc/init.d/mailman