[Mailman-Developers] [2.1b4] /usr/local/mailman/pythonlib has wrong permissions after make install

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Mon Nov 4 06:21:02 2002

Barry,

Using 2.1b4, my friend ran into an issue where everything in
/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib was installed with no group or other
permissions; his umask was 077, but bin/check_perms doesn't seem to
check the permissions of /usr/local/mailman/pythonlib.  So everything
seemed fine until he tried to go to the admin web interface, which got a
traceback.

Basically, since /usr/local/mailman/pythonlib's contents were 600 (700
for directories), scripts/driver's import of paths.py failed when
paths.py tried to do 'import japanese' from the non-readable
/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib.

Could we change the makefile and/or check_perms to ensure that all files
in mailman/pythonlib are mode 0644, and all directories are 0755?

Let me know if you need more information, it should be pretty easy.

Ben