[Mailman-Developers] [2.1b4] /usr/local/mailman/pythonlib has wrong permissions after make install

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Tue Nov 5 00:08:40 2002

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>Here's a Makefile.in patch that should do the trick.  I'll work out a
>check_perms fix next.

Barry, the change seems okay, but there may be a more fundamental,
simpler problem we haven't addressed -- the user may not be aware of how
critically important it is to run bin/check_perms first thing before
even starting mailmanctl!

Maybe we can just put a message at the end of make install that says in
BIG CAPITAL LETTERS to definitely run bin/check_perms as root.

Ben