[Mailman-Developers] Problem with my auto-bounce patch for 2.0.8 in 2.0.13

Peter C. Norton spacey-mailman@lenin.nu
Wed Nov 6 05:33:20 2002

I applied the auto-bounce hack I created for 2.0.8 to 2.0.13, and the
patch applied cleanly and the install went fine.

However, I've created a bug in the privacy options page.  For some
reason, changes I made to the MailList class in MailList.py (adding
the attribute self.auto_reject_nonmembers) isn't reflected in the
HandlerAPI.py call to do_pipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata).

Here's the message from the error log:

Nov 06 00:27:02 2002 (23713) Delivery exception: auto_reject_nonmembers
Nov 06 00:27:02 2002 (23713) Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 82, in do_pipeline
    func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 152, in process
    if mlist.auto_reject_nonmembers:
AttributeError: auto_reject_nonmembers

I'm not sure what a Delivery exception is caused by, but I'm inferring
from the AttributeError that it can't find
mlist.auto_reject_nonmembers.  how cna this be?  Is there somewhere
else besides MailList.py where MailList objects are created?  Or is
there somewhere special that HandlerAPI.py or Hold.py is doing?

Help?  I can't suppress obnoxios posters for now, and the prospect of
having to moderate posts from non-members is too horrible to
contempate.

-Peter

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.