[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Patches-637686 ] Simple members-in-LDAP support.

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 13 10:24:28 2002

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=637686&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: Mailman 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
In an organization where all users are in a LDAP
directory, fetching
data about members of a mailing list from the directory
is sometimes a good idea. For example, in my directory,
I can find out all members of a certain organizational
unit using a LDAP search.

I still want all the other features of Mailman -
archives, restrict posting to members, etc..

This patch makes it possible to define a LDAP search
URI (RFC2255) in the configuration. When posting to the
list, the search is executed and the resulting mail
addresses are added to the normal list members.

It's configurable on a per-installation-level if the
ldap search configuration should be displayed.

The python-ldap module is needed in order for this to work.