[Mailman-Developers] Reasons why personalization of the To/From are a bad idea...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Wed Nov 13 18:45:40 2002

    CVR> I'm turning it back off, because the feedback I've gotten
    CVR> from users has been generally pretty negative. message
    CVR> personalization seems to be a good thing, but those header
    CVR> changes just didn't go over with my users, and I've given it
    CVR> extra time to make sure it's not just a case of "new and
    CVR> different, therefore icky".

Thanks for the feedback Chuq.  That's the first real data point we can
go by, so it's greatly appreciated.

BTW, were those discussion or announce lists?  I suspect that an
announce list might be the only place where header personalization
might still be appropriate (but only "might").