[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Patches-634303 ] Recode pipermail templates

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 18 23:25:18 2002

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=634303&group_id=103

Category: Pipermail
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This patch transparently recodes the pipermail
templates and messages if the article and index files
have a different encoding than the template language If
necessary, HTML character references are generate. If
recoding fails, it will proceed without exception, but
produce garbage.

For messages, this uses a method self._, which first
invokes _, then does the recoding. This makes it
necessary for _ to go back more than one frame, so the
number of frames is now an optional parameter
(defaulting to 1).