[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Patches-636504 ] Configurable absolute URLs for scripts

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 19 03:48:28 2002

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=636504&group_id=103

Category: Web UI
Group: Mailman 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
In my Mailman setup I want to use http for some URLs
(most of them, including the archives) for less CPU
usage on the server, and https on some URLs (login with
password, list administration) for better (if not good,
since the passwords go in cleartext over mail anyway)
security.

One way of accomplishing this is to make script URLs
absolute, and set DEFAULT_URL to a https hostname.

This patch makes it possible to configure if
GetScriptURL should by default return an absolute URL
using a variable in Default.py/mm_cfg.py.