[Mailman-Developers] Alternate authentication mechanism (was ... RELEASED Mailman 2.1 beta 5)

Marilyn Davis marilyn@deliberate.com
Thu Nov 21 00:58:26 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Stonewall Ballard wrote:

> On 11/19/02 7:37 PM, "Phil Stracchino" <alaric@babcom.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey, I just had an idea for a Mailman (not necessarily 2.1) feature
> > enhancement.  Smack me if this isn't reasonable.
> >
> > (GPG scheme elided)
> >
> > What do you think?  Thoughts, questions, LARTage?
> >

> Nobody on any of the lists I run would have a clue on how to use this.
>
> I'd like to see a different mechanism - when you want to change your account
> info, Mailman would email you a URL containing a short-lived session key
> that you could use to get to your account page. No passwords.
>
>  - Stoney

Or, mailman can require a confirmation message, like it does for
subscriptions.

It would be good if a group could turn on encryption to encrypt the
messages and keep them off the web.  I suppose that's a big project.

Marilyn