[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Patches-644129 ] Edit held message header/body

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 26 14:44:34 2002

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=644129&group_id=103

Category: list administration
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:
Here is my preliminary (brute force) patch to allow
full editing of headers and bodies of messages being
held for approval in Mailman 2.1 (as of beta 5).  I
have released versions of this for 1.x and 2.0.x but
wanted to wait until 2.1 was fairly stable before
releasing this one.

You must set HOLD_MESSAGES_AS_PICKLES = 0 in your
installation's mm_cfg.py for this to work.  I may
support pickles in a future version.  Personally I
don't see that much performance difference anyway, not
on the held stuff...  Also note that if you had
HOLD_MESSAGES_AS_PICKLES = 1 (the default) when you
created a list, you must recreate it after changing
that variable. (Learned the hard way)

This patch overrides the ADMINDB_PAGE_TEXT_LIMIT
setting, so if you have megabyte messages being held,
be ready to wait.

Also - this version doesn't change the request
database, so if you change the Subject: header you
won't see the change reflected in the summary list (but
it will be sent out your way when you Approve).

Happy mailmanning!