[Mailman-Developers] HTML and text digests...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 20:48:08 -0700

I've been playing with 2.1b3+ and inflicting it on my users. For the
most part, it's been quite stable adn they seem to like it. the only
real probelms have been self-inflicted, and Barry's gotten a good
giggle over some of the things I did to break my stuff...

The one place I was getting complaints was HTML in the text digests.

I'd set things up to allow in multipart, and text/plain and text/html,
plus image/{png,jpeg,gif}, just to see how folks used it and what they
did with it.

That allowed HTML parts into the text digest, which doesn't deal with
it well. that made people upset.

So I've turned on folding html to text via lynx, turned off the images,
and we'll see.

But it seems to me that one way to allow that but protect the text
digests was to use that lynx filtering, but only on the content sent to
the text digest. Yes, I know, another @#$@%@#$ configuration option,
but since the technology already exists....

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh