[Mailman-Developers] Mailman editing messages

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:56:09 -0400

    KW> I noticed in mailman 2.1.b3 that you can't edit a message from
    KW> "mailman/data" anymore and then approve the message with the
    KW> edited changes, (through the command line). Will there be a
    KW> work around that you will be able to do this, because
    KW> currently has I've talked about I'm not

    KW> able to use the web interface to edit a message through
    KW> Netscape Mailer (which really is not considered a web
    KW> interface, but you know what I'm talking about) so I currently
    KW> do it through the command line in /mailman/data with mailman
    KW> 2.0.13. When Mailman 2.1 comes out I will not

    KW> be able to use either approach, so I hope that maybe these
    KW> issues have been expressed.

    KW> I don't mean to be critical, because I've used Mailman since
    KW> its first existence with our 170 production Universities
    KW> Mailing lists and I like it.  .

Set HOLD_MESSAGES_AS_PICKLES=0 in your mm_cfg.py file and any messages
waiting for approval will be stored as plaintext instead of Python
pickles.  It's less efficient, but who cares?

Just be sure that when you edit the held message file, you save it in
a form that the email Parser's lax parsing mode can grok.  IOW,
conform to the RFCs and you'll be cool.

-Barry