[Mailman-Developers] encoding the subject line..

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:59:47 -0700

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> Barry, why is mailman encoding the subject line when it doesn't have to?
>
> Subject: =?iso-8859-1?q?10/19_game_moved_to_1pm=2E=2E=2E?=

This is a message that came from outside?  How are you sure that it
wasn't encoded in the first place?

Mailman doesn't (as far as I know) ever ADD charset information to a
message, so if it didn't come in as iso-8859-1, and if this message was
not internally generated from a (non-English) Mailman list, I don't see
how the iso-8859-1 charset information got attached.

Ben