[Mailman-Developers] encoding the subject line..

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:17:08 -0700

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 05:07  PM, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>> Barry, why is mailman encoding the subject line when it doesn't have
>> to?
>
> Why? because the recipient prefers it.
>
> The member has set his preferred language as non-english.
> You will see this on a non-personalized list if it's language
> has set non-english.

Except I'm seeing it and my preferred language is US English. I just
went and double-checked. And the user that reported it to me is, too.

So that might be how it's supposed to work, but it doesn't seem quite
right on my site.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.