[Mailman-Developers] MHonArc integration with Mailman

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:09:39 -0700

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:43:33 -0700
David A Gilbert <David> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a patch, a HOW-TO, or something that
> explains how to integrate MHonArc with Mailman?

Loosely, there are two ways to go about it:

  1) To plug MHonArc into Mailman as an external archiver.

  2) To subscribe an archive address to each list and then have mail
  sent to that address archived as appropriate.

I do the latter.  An archiving address is subscribed to each list I want
to archive (whether I run that list locally or it remotely hosted).
Mail received by that address runs thru a procmail filter which stashes
it off in per list folders which a cronjob then periodically runs
MHonArc against.

Full details on this setup are in the FAQ.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?