[Mailman-Developers] VERP code

Stonewall Ballard sb.list@sb.org
Fri Oct 18 03:20:29 2002

On 10/17/02 8:41 PM, "Edmund Lau" <edlau@ucf.ics.uci.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Mailman isn't processing any of my VERP messages from all my lists.  I've
> been throwing in a lot of debug messages and found the area of code where
> it isn't working for me.  This is from BounceRunner.py:155
>
>           if bmailbox <> mo.group('bounces'):
>               syslog('debug', 'mo.group= %s & bmailbox= %s',mo.
> group('bounces'),bmailbox)
>               continue                      # not a bounce to our list
>           # All is good
>
> The output I'm getting right there is
> Oct 17 17:28:02 2002 (7175) mo.group= test & bmailbox= test-bounces
>
> So as we can see, bmailbox & mo.group will never match and won't go to the
> "All is good" section.  I replaced the "+" in the regex to "-" to get it
> working with qmail.  The regex works otherwise I wouldn't be down in this
> portion of code anyway.
>
> Thoughts?  I'm using current CVS.

I'm having the same problem. All of the bounces are "unrecognized". After
staring at this code for a while, I don't think that we have the same
problem, just the same symptoms.

Are you saying that your VERP_FORMAT is '%(bounces)s-%(mailbox)s=%(host)s' ?

If so, I don't think that would work very well since the mailbox name could
have a '-' in it, making part matching ambiguous.

If I misunderstood, can you clarify? What are your VERP_FORMAT and your
VERP_REGEXP?

 - Stoney