[Mailman-Developers] mime filtering

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Mon Oct 21 19:51:26 2002

>>>>> "fil" ==   <fil@rezo.net> writes:

    fil> * how do I get such a message when things happen, or, say,
    fil> when is it silent, when does it say what it does ?  "[ Picked
    fil> text/plain from multipart/alternative ]"

MimeDel isn't very chatty about what it's doing, other than by
sticking a header in telling you it /did/ change the message.

    fil> * Is it possible to plug in more mime converters : for
    fil> instance, I'm on a Mailman list (one which I don't run) where
    fil> msword files are deleted. Is it possible not to delete them,
    fil> but to filter them through a doc2text filter?

Anything's possible <wink>, but MimeDel isn't easily modular this
way.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to add something like this for a
future version.

    fil> * has anyone a "good combination" of mime filters that could
    fil> be recommended to my listmasters? -- whatever "good" means to
    fil> you ;-)

Chuq's posted some recommendations recently.

-Barry