[Mailman-Developers] CF Scripts for Custom User Interface

Andre Shank ashank@rogers.com
Fri Oct 18 02:04:38 2002

Hello,

We have very recently moved to Mailman - all seems to be working fine to =
date.  We're using mailman as the MLM for several of our corporate =
contact lists that are maintained in a database on a different server.  =
The database interface for the contact lists database is in Cold Fusion. =
 Basically, I'd like our Contact List app to serve as the UI for the =
Mailman lists.  I've written scripts which ensure that modifications to =
the Contact List data are also processed and updated by Mailman.  The =
scripts which emulate the list-user subscribe and unsubscribe functions =
work fine.  I would also like to be able to emulate the Membership =
Management functions of the Admin UI but am not having much luck.  I =
suspect this might have something to do with authentication...

Here's a scaled down verison of the script used to pass subscribe =
requests.

<cfhttp method=3D"post" =
url=3D"http://myserver.com/cgi-bin/mailman/subscribe/mylist">
  <cfhttpparam type=3D"FormField" name=3D"email"    =
value=3Dnewsubscriber@org.com>
  <cfhttpparam type=3D"FormField" name=3D"pw"    value =3D "test">
  <cfhttpparam type=3D"FormField" name=3D"pw-conf"   value =3D "test">
  <cfhttpparam type=3D"FormField" name=3D"digest"    value =3D "0">
</cfhttp>

The above is fine when used in cases where new subscribers would use my =
custom UI to subscribe to a list which requires subscription approvals.

This second script would allow subscribe requests to be done the same =
way as the "Mass Subscribe" of the Admin UI option does (e.g. bypass any =
approval step). It just won't work.

<cfhttp method=3D"post" =
url=3D"http://myserver.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/mylist/members">
 <cfhttpparam type=3D"FormField" name=3D"send_welcome_msg_to_this_batch" =
value=3D"0">
 <cfhttpparam type=3D"FormField" name=3D"subscribees" =
value=3Dnewsubscriber@org.com>
</cfhttp>

You can see from my little problem that I'm not a hard-core programmer =
but would greatly appreciate any assistance from those out there who =
are.

Regards,

Andr=E9 Shank
ashank@rogers.com