[Mailman-Developers] Much cpu/memory load

Danny Terweij danny@terweij.nl
Thu Oct 31 14:48:08 2002

Hi,

Because my /qfiles/archive/*.* files are not processed by the
qrunner/ArchRunner my linux box gets overloaded.
I have now 55mb unproccessed archive files at the qfiles dir.
The pipermail archives are not updated.

When i do a mailmanctl stop then the Archrunner is still active. I did a
kill -9 PID and it stops.
Then i must remove all the lock files found where lockfiles are.

Then the cpu load is back to normal.

24290 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/python2 ./mailmanctl start
24291 ?        D     34:56 qrunner
/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=ArchRunner:0:1 -s
24292 ?        S      0:16 qrunner
/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=BounceRunner:0:1 -s
24293 ?        S      0:03 qrunner
/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=CommandRunner:0:1 -s
24294 ?        S      0:31 qrunner
/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=IncomingRunner:0:1 -s
24295 ?        S      0:03 qrunner
/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=NewsRunner:0:1 -s
24296 ?        S      0:29 qrunner
/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=OutgoingRunner:0:1 -s
24297 ?        S      0:07 qrunner
/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=VirginRunner:0:1 -s

I think that realy somthing is wrong with the ArchRunner. Looks like it is
in a loop or is doing nothing.
The /qfiles/archive/ dir is growing and growing, i must stop mailman very
often now otherwise de box gets overloaded.

The load was this morning on a average of 10 and all my memory was used
(20mb left on swap).
No error and messages at the logs dir :(

Please take a look Barry :) it is the latest cvs.
You may also take al look on my box if you want and have time...

Danny Terweij