[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Feature Requests-604895 ] MySQL (or other DB) Hook Inclusion

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:05:50 -0700

Feature Requests item #604895, was opened at 2002-09-05 05:05
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=604895&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It would be great if some or all of the configurable
information about a list could be managed through a
database environment such as MySQL.

I'm not familliar with Python code structure, but as a perl
geek my brain says that DBI support would be
awesome, with local administrators responsible for site-
specific configuration and Python-equivilant-to-DBI
implementations.

Such a DB environment would go several steps towards
feature req. no. 456071 (Unified User Access), as the
DB could be used to maintain user account data across
multiple subscriptions.