[Mailman-Developers] feature request: new option for reply_goes_to_list

Marc MERLIN marc_news@merlins.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 18:25:06 -0700

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 06:19:21PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 10:08:14PM +0200, Simone Piunno wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I run a bunch of lists with reply_goes_to_list=1
> >
> > (yeah, I know that reply-to munging is considered harmful but I consider
> > more important to keep discussions inside the lists and anyway this has
>
> I'm just amazed at how many times I've read this complete nonsense.

Sorry,  this was  probably unclear:  "nonsense" as  in "keeping  discussions
inside  the  lists"  should be  by  clueing  in  posters  on the  two  reply
functions, not by diverting reply to author  to reply to the list and almost
forcing all replies to the list.

I know that the first thing I do  is strip all those evil reply-to's as soon
as they enter my systems.

Marc