[Mailman-Developers] feature request: new option for reply_goes_to_list

Norbert Bollow nb@cisto.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:52:38 +0200

Simone Piunno <pioppo@ferrara.linux.it> wrote:

> [...]

Sounds like you've never seen a list blow up in a mail loop because of
some broken "vacation" autoresponder robot which sends automated

J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> replied:

> No, for most of us know this religious debate of old, are tired of it,
> understand it far better than we're interested in

Yes.

> Given a list which munges Reply-To in any manner, how do I:
>
>   a) Move a thread on to a different list?
>
>   b) Ensure that all replies default to me only and not the list (so
>   that I may summarise later)?
>
>   c) Trivially (default command) reply to author only?
>
>   d) Remove myself from followups to a thread?

e) Cross-post a discussion across two mailing lists? (Sometimes that is
   the right thing to do.)

f) Ensure that my backup email address gets copied on a thread?
   (E.g. Because my primary email address which is subscribed to the
   list is temporarily broken or something.)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/
Tel +41 1 972 20 59        Fax +41 1 972 20 69       http://norbert.ch