[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-602077 ] make install fails with import error

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:41:26 -0700

Bugs item #602077, was opened at 2002-08-29 16:19
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=602077&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.1 beta

Initial Comment:
I tried to install Mailman 2.1b3 and I followed the
installation instruction exactly but make install fails with
the following message:

--- snip ---
Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/versions.py ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/update", line 44, in ?
    import paths
ImportError: No module named paths
make: *** [update] Error 1
--- snap ---

SuSE 7.2
Python 2.2.1
gcc 2.95.3

The problem was already described here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2002-
July/020991.html
but no solution has been posted as far as I could see...

Any idea what I did wrong?