[Mailman-Developers] feature request: new option for reply_goes_to_list

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:27:20 -0400

    NB> Sounds like you've never seen a list blow up in a mail loop
    NB> because of some broken "vacation" autoresponder robot which
    NB> sends automated responses to the Reply-To: address.

Note that if the vacation program is only slightly broken, then it
will have a Precedence header that Mailman can do something with.
MM2.1 will not autorespond to any message that has a Precedence:
{bulk,list,junk} header.

If the vacation program is /really/ broken, then there's a governor on
the autoreply system as a fallback.  But I wouldn't mind if someone
suggested that folks using such broken vacation programs get disabled
or removed automatically <wink>.

-Barry