[Mailman-Developers] feature request: new option forreply_goes_to_list

Marc MERLIN marc_news@merlins.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:47:57 -0700

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 12:30:31AM +0200, Simone Piunno wrote:
> > Reply-To is typically  not conditional (except for good MUAs  like mine that
> > can be told to ignore it altogether)
>
> sorry, can you rephrase?

If you set a reply-to, you are forcing most mail clients to reply to the
list when the user is trying to reply to the sender only.
A small list of mail client (like mutt) can be told to ignore reply-to or to
ask whether it should be honored.

> practically noone uses mutt and the nice L key feature.
> I'm the only one :)

Note too  that because  of this,  I don't  see your  answer until  way later
because I'm  not Cced and your  mail just sits  in my spool, along  with the
other 1000+ list mail messages I have.
(not that I overly care either way, but that's why I don't typically use
list reply to)

Marc