[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Changing content before approving message

Jon Carnes jonc@nc.rr.com
16 Sep 2002 19:41:06 -0400

Do you have root (or mailman command line) access on the box?  If so,
then you can simply edit the waiting file in the queue.  It's very
simple and works every time.

Otherwise, there are some older patches - which probably still work -
that allow you to edit the message via the web interface and then
approve it.

The problem with the 2.0x series of Mailman is that the message you see
in the web interface is a partial copy of the message that is actually
in the queue.  In order to edit via the web-interface you need to load
the entire message into the web-interface and then on approval, dump out
the contents of the web-form into the queue (deleting or overwriting the
current queued up message).

Good Luck - Jon Carnes