[Mailman-Developers] Re: trimming Cc with mailman on reply to all

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:59:36 -0400

    >> Attached is a patch to AvoidDuplicates.py that seems to
    >> accomplish this.  Any objections if I just check this in?

    TW> Making it a config setting would be nice. I don't think we'd
    TW> enable it for our internal lists, for instance; not because we
    TW> like to have large Cc: lists, but because we like to educate
    TW> our employees... preferably loudly and with blunt objects. :)

The issue actually only comes up when users have selected their own
no-dupes option.  I'd rather not bombard them with another option for
stripping the cc headers and I think even giving the list admins a
choice is overkill.  But let's see what happens in practice.

Thanks,
-Barry