[Mailman-Developers] plaintext digest & message headers... bug?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Apr 6 22:27:06 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 13:56, Ricardo Kustner wrote:
> I'm running mailman 2.1.1 with a moderated list and digest.
> I noticed that often (but not always), messages in the plaintext digest
> include more headers than needed. Sometimes it's only a "content-type"
> header at the end, but sometimes it's even the complete header
> (includindg the whole "List-" header story).
> Before I submit this as a bug I wanted to make sure if somebody noticed
> this before. I can't imagine nobody had this problem already...

Nope, haven't seen it before.  If you do submit a bug report, it would
be extremely helpful to have a digest.mbox file that exhibits the
problem.  Capturing that might require you to hack the code to make a
backup copy of each digest.mbox file before using it to generate the
digests.

Also, see Defaults.py for the list of headers kept in digests (I can't
remember if this changed in 2.1.1 or only in cvs, and I'm offline at the
moment).