[Mailman-Developers] "Sender:" header probably breaks S/MIME in Outlook

Norbert Sendetzky sen at codingtechnologies.com
Fri Apr 4 17:44:39 EST 2003

Hi all

I've set up mailman 2.0.13 for our mailing lists and we want to use S/MIME
encryption for one of them. Thus, each member got his own cert and the cert of
the mailing list.

While this setup works for Mozilla and Netscape 4.7, our "beloved" Outlook
clients complain about a missing certs if the users want to open an encrypted
mail. This is problably due to the fact that the "Sender:" header is
"mailinglist-admin at ..." instead of "mailinglist at ..". Therefore determining the
correct cert fails.

My question is now:
How can I change the mailman 2.0.13 code (I havn't found a config option) to
force "Sender:" to be only "mailinglist at ..."?

Thanks in advance

Dipl.-Inf. Norbert Sendetzky       |
SysAdmin & Software Engineer       | Coding Technologies

phone: +49 (0) 911 92891 -36       | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19
fax:   +49 (0) 911 92891 -99       | 90429 Nuernberg, Germany
mailto:sen at CodingTechnologies.com  | http://www.CodingTechnologies.com