[Mailman-Developers] Strange Subject: handling

mailman mailman at lanoffice.ru
Fri Apr 11 12:46:39 EDT 2003

Good day!

I've started to use Mailman in my production environment.

I am impressed of its huge number of features !
Thank You for your job.

But I have discovered a bug (or I missed something in
mailman tuning).

When a message with certain Subject: arrived to list
from one of subscribers, the message silently dies
and nobody receives any warnings.
If I changed only Subject field of the message -
then the message had passed happily.
Moreover, if I've changed only encoding of a message
(from windows-1251 to koi8-r) the message passed again!

The Subject: is a Russian text encoded in the
following styles:

The 'Subject:' of the messages which had beed killed:

Outlook Express: