[Mailman-Developers] English (USA)

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Mon Apr 14 19:02:38 EDT 2003

> >Oh yeah, almost forgot.  I suppose we need a Canadian English also.  I
> >don't think I'd do very well on that.  As far as I know it is the same
> >as UK which shows how little I know, I am sure.
>
> I'm probably wrong, but afaik US spelling is used in Canada.

Most Canadian English is the same as UK English, as long as you're talking
spelling.  (Some words are defined differently, more like the US, and the
slang is different, of course.) There are Canadian English dictionaries for
the truely dedicated.  (And yes, they include "eh") Most people (and many
programs) are pretty forgiving about using either spelling in Canadian
English, but you may get teased by primary school children if you don't put
a u in colour. :)

I'm tempted to make a Canadian translation now, just for amusement value.

I don't know how different Canadian French is from France French... but
that's another can of worms entirely!

 Terri