[Mailman-Developers] Implicit destination default action RFE

Todd Green tag at cs.utah.edu
Tue Apr 15 18:42:42 EDT 2003

Ok, this is driving me bonkers.  We get a ton of spam that is sent to
our lists as implicit destinations.  There is no way to automatically
discard these messages under Mailman 2.1.1 (Python 2.2.2 on Solaris9)

As an RFE, could a feature be added along the lines of the default
handler for posts from non-members so that you can select what do to
with mail for implicit destinations?

i.e.  Under Privacy -> Recipient Filters

    Action to take for postings to implicit destinations for which no
    explicit action is defined.  (Details for generic_implicit_action)

    [ ] Accept [ ] Hold [ ] Reject [ ] Discard

Right now the there is no option and all mail is held.

Thanks,
Todd