[Mailman-Developers] Header & Footer for non-ASCII messages

Jeff Hahn jeffh at gryphongardens.com
Tue Apr 22 10:32:06 EDT 2003

Unfortunately this is a problem here in the US as well.  Various Microsoft
clients and other clients as well create character set problems, especially
when using Mailman content filtering to convert mail to plain test.

The only solution we've come up with is to pre-process list mail through
demime to convert mail to plain text before being process by mailman.  I
realize that mailman content filtering is a more "general purpose" filter
that has other jobs besides plain text conversions, but I would really like
to avoid pre-processing list mail.

Demime converts mail to 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"' and
at this point headers and footers are no problem.  I realize that this won't
work on international lists.

I don't really have a suggestion for the solution.

-Jeff