[Mailman-Developers] Bounce processing performance, pending.pck possible bug/redesign

John Distler john at momsview.com
Sat Apr 26 18:21:17 EDT 2003

Thanks for the reply.

I should have been more clear in my original message:

Only when a subscriber exceeds the bounce threshold (and gets disabled)
should
a record be added to the pending.pck file.  From that point on  "You are
disabled messages"
would be sent to the subscriber with a confirmation string.

It appears that Bouncer.py currently makes an entry in pending.pck for the
very FIRST bounce even though
the bounce disable threshold is set MUCH higher than one for the list.

It is my understanding that the bounce date and count information is stored
in the config.pck database.

It appears than the extra processing of the pending.pck database may be
increasing the bounce processing
time significantly and possibly unnecessarily.

Richard, I also want to thank you for your earlier help with umbrella lists
it was invaluable.