[Mailman-Developers] Non-member post confirmation

Madsen Wikholm madsen at iki.fi
Thu Aug 21 18:39:19 EDT 2003

Hi!

Lately I've been getting a lot of spam to many of the lists that I
administer.

While reading an article about spam-prevention it hit me that one way to
easily cut down on spam on an open list, would be to have mailman send out a
confirmation message for non-member posts. If the sender confirms then,
address gets added to the accept_these_nonmembers, if not the message gets
dropped after some time and the adress perhaps added to
discard_these_nonmembers.

I think there should perhaps be a way to tell mailman that the From: address
was forged, so forget the whole deal...

cheers,
madsen