[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Preprocessor Available - seeking feedback

Darwin Sanoy Darwin at DesktopEngineer.com
Fri Dec 5 08:44:34 EST 2003

Since I am not python savvy can someone tell me if this gets around the user
password required for unsubscribe like my script does?

Thanks,
D.

____________________________
Darwin Sanoy
Principal Consultant and Trainer
DesktopEngineer.com
DesktopEngineerTraining.com
--- Don't Think Out of the Box, Burn It ---

-----Original Message-----
From: Simone Piunno [mailto:pioppo at ferrara.linux.it]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 3:34 PM
To: darwin at desktopengineer.com; Mailman-developers at python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Developers] Mailman Preprocessor Available - seeking
feedback

On Monday 01 December 2003 21:03, darwin at desktopengineer.com wrote:

> Below is the description of a preprocessor script I wrote for mailman.
[...]
> The script can be found at http://desktopengineer.com/mmpreproc
> Thanks for any time anyone can take to send feedback,

Hi Darwin,

thanks for your contribution, nonetheless I think your script has some
problem:

1. the link you above is a 404 ;)
2. it's in perl ;) ;)
3. mostly reimplements a script that's floating on the net since 1999:
http://www.bee-side.org/free_software/various/postfix-to-mailman-2.1woody.py

My advice is to try to rewrite your script in python, starting from the
example above, so that maybe it has a chance to be integrated in Mailman
itself.

--
Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit -- Ovidio